Friday, December 9, 2011

All British Field Meet

Dateline – July 23, 2011 - Entered the XK8 in the Western Washington All British Field Meet (http://abfm.com/past/2011abfm/). It was quite a showing being that it was the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar XKE and 80 years of MG! I’ve never seen so many E-Types in one place at one time, and I was parked right across from them! I also got a chance to meet several other XK8/R owners and signed up for membership in the local Jaguar Club.





There were so many cars of note there, but the two that stood out to me was the 1968 XJ6 Series 1, in red, just like mine! This car was in great shape and even though it has miles on the clock, it has been very well taken care of and is a registered classic. If mine was anywhere near this nice and had the original engine, I would have worked toward getting it to this shape. But, I have a different animal then this!







Also there were several of the other car I love, the Mark II. OMG these are just gorgeous cars. There was even one for sale for $35K. OK, don’t have the money, or the garage space, but boy would I like one of these! Maybe after I get my current project done…