Next I installed the blower motors/fans. This took a lot longer than I expected because I had rebuilt and painted the fans over the summer and tested them when I put them back together, but didn't test them with the squirrel cages on them. Both of them squealed really badly. Seems that I didn't lubricate the shafts well enough. So I had to take them apart again, which required unsoldering the leads and brushes from the the windings and and remove a fiberglass board that holds it all together. So what should have been an hour job turned into three, but the fans are in.
|Both blower motors/fans installed|
|Windshield wiper motor installed|
|Windshield wiper shafts and mechanism|
|Clockwise from upper left: Battery cutoff solenoid, transmission dipstick, heater water control valve|