Monday, April 8, 2013

Starter Circuit and More Wire Cleanup

Dateline - 04/06/2013 - Spent Saturday putting together my starter circuit.  I did some work on this several weeks ago but was not happy with the results.  I had soldered two diodes in line with the actual wire and I was thinking that is just an open circuit waiting to happen!  So I etched a little circuit and mounted it in a box from radio shack:






After I put that together, I mounted it under the dash and re-wired the four relays.  It took longer then I expected it would take, but I got everything working and tested.  It's going to be cool to have the power and start buttons on the center console!

The rest of the day was spend doing wire clean-up.  One thing is for sure, if I ever do this again, I'm going to spend more time running wire in a clean fashion while doing the work instead of tying to do it after.  Going back and doing cleanup really sucks!  I've probably wasted about 100 slices just cutting and re-cutting!  "If you can't find time to do it right, when are you going to find time to do it over!"

By about 6 pm I was done.  I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I called it a day.