Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Light Work Day

Dateline - 05/25/2013 - Had a light work day on the car on Saturday.  Spent the first few hours cleaning the garage!  Needed to find some room on my workbench!  After that, I re-installed the air vents in the dash that I took off to get the wiring done.  Then I fitted the center console and started working on the center console facia.  If you remember, that's the carbon fiber layup that I did during the winter that didn't turn out so hot.  I took what I have and cut all the holes to the correct size and started using body filler to reshape it and fill gaps created in the molding process.  I still have a little more filler work to do, but it's pretty close.  Probably a couple more evenings.

I've really been tempted to work on the gas tanks.  I have a band new one that I need to paint, and the old driver side one that I needs the inside sealed.  It just has not been warm enough to really feel comfortable painting (low 60's) and the humidity has been high.  But once I get the tanks back in the car, I'm going to be pretty close to painting.  I guess I had better get on it and start talking to paint shops soon!