Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Jag is coming home!

Dateline 10/27/2015 - The day has been set!  Saturday 10/31/2015 - Halloween!  The Jag is going to return back from paint!  What an appropriate day to have my red car come home!

Yes, I'm excited!  Last weekend I spent about three hours cleaning the garage so that I'd have a place to put the car!  A summer of parts cleaning, sand blasting and painting, as well as a few home repair projects, had filled up the area the car was in with misclianious stuff.  Plus my workbench had gone out of control.  So, in prep I got everything clean, moved and floor swept, ready for the car to come in.

During the summer I filled up a spare bedroom full of parts that I cleaned and painted.  Everything isn't done, but I really did knock out a great many items, which will make assembly much faster!  Will I be done in a weekend?  NO WAY!  But, with luck, I think I can have it running and on the road by this spring!  That's really cool!

Stay tuned for another update next week with picture of the car coming home!