Dateline - 05/06/2017 - After almost seven years of being garage bound, the Jag finally drove under it's own power this weekend!!!!!!! Matt and Karen came over to help me bleed the brakes on the car, which was a three hour job! What a PITA! But once we got it done, we took it out and drove it around the neighborhood! Boy what a difference in driving experience. Let's just say, it's not my Subaru WRX! I have to remember that I'm driving a 1960's car! I've got a video I'm going to post a little later, but here are just a few of the pictures that Matt took:
So there are a few kinks to work out. My speedo isn't working. The backup lights are on when I'm in park, and I have one bulb in the oil pressure gauge that has a faulty connection (flickers on and off). Everything else is working fine!
On Sunday, I put in the new seat belts that I ordered last week. Of course, it wasn't easy because the front passenger seat hit the auto retracter, which is just behind the seat on the rocker panel. The driver side was fine. So I had to fiddle with the height of the seat, eventually requiring me to pull the seat out completely and drill some new holes in the seat mounting bracket.
I also got the back seat belts installed, which required removing the seat cushions and drilling holes in the back firewall to mount the belts. Nice that I used Velcro to hold the cushions on. Rrrrriiiiiip! They are out! Fiddly work, but once it was done, it worked fine.