|Fabricated metal brackets with blind nuts riveted to door. (Note, missing two rivets because I ran out!)|
|L bracket and metal plate before mounting in armrest|
|Metal plate after mounting|
I also did some more form shaping and fiber glassing. Last weekend I joined the two halves of the center console and fiber glassed them, making a small glove box that will be under the armrest. This weekend I finished sanding and shaping the center console.
I also shaped and sanded the both arm rest pads and the center console armrest pad. The center console pad has a wood inset at the base to give a place to screw the hing into. There is a corresponding wood piece into the console.
Finally, I fiber glassed one of the door arm rests. I used my vacuum bagging tools for this. Came out pretty well with just a little sanding needed.
|Center Console, armrest and left & right door armrests. The left one is fiber glassed|
|Bottom of center armrest showing wood insert for hing mounting|
|Center console with armrest on top|
To be honest, I'm getting pretty anxious to be done with these doors and center console. It was one thing when I was doing this the first time for the front doors because there was so much to do on the car that it was just another thing to get done. Now that the car drive-able and practically complete, and I've done a set of door panels already, I'm getting to the point that it just needs to be done! I can see why so many driving projects never get done. I need to focus!