Monday, June 2, 2014

More Wiring!

Dateline - 05/31/2014 - Last post I said that I needed to reroute some of the wiring because there wasn't enough room to put in the center gauges.  Well, that is what I did this weekend. I unlaced a bunch of wire bundles and moved the wires so they run toward the front of the dash and over the top, instead of down along the bottom of the instrument panel.  This gave me enough room for the gauges.   So hopefully that's the last of the wiring I'll need to fiddle with, at least until I get the car back from paint.

Since I had the dash pieces installed, I was wondering what it would look like with the carpets.  So I pulled out the box and laid out the carpets as best I could.  Some of them need to be cut to fit, and I wasn't going to do that yet, but at least you get a feel for what it will look like!

Interior from rear window

Interior driver side

Interior passenger side



A couple of things I have been working on over the week have been finishing up the center console carbon fiber work.  I needed to put some more epoxy on the some of the low spots and fill in some areas, and of course, sand most of it back off.  I'm pretty close, but I still need to do a bit more touch-up before it will be ready for the final coats of lacquer. It's getting close though.

And finally, I've glued the last piece of maple veneer to the center gauge cluster dash piece.  I will need to take that to Matt's to have him sand it down flush with the rest of the piece.  I will then cut it to fit and I should be close to ready for final dash finishing.