Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Finished Trunk - Mostly

Dateline - 1/23/2016 – Continued to work on the truck on Saturday.  I needed to tie up loose hoses and get the wiring settled out.  I installed waterproof connectors on all the wiring for the taillights and side markers and was planning on installing them, but when looking through my box of parts, I realized that I had ordered the gaskets that go between the lens and the light frame, but not between the frame and the car!  Do’h!  So I ordered the parts via SNG Barratt and hopefully they will be here soon.

Also, I installed the boot lid seal and hinges and generally cleaned up the trunk.  At some point in the future, I’m going to install upholstery panels and such, but that is a task for another time. Right now, I’m happy to have all the wiring done and ready to go.  


Here are some pictures.  It's come a long way since this: http://leapingv8s.blogspot.com/2009/10/down-for-winter.html
trunk from back looking forward

View from passenger side
View from driver side

Top view of fuel control system (top is forward)

Vapor recovery system.  Not how tubing runs up the driver side C pillar.