Monday, February 1, 2016

No Work on Car This Weekend

Dateline - 01/30/2016 - Did not work on the car this weekend.  I have been fighting a cold all week and decided that working on the car in the cold garage was probably not the best way to get over it.

Instead, I went over to the Kingston area and met up with my friend Roland to talk to a guy who champions a car in the LeMons races (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_LeMons) in the local area.  He is looking for a driver/wrench turner and Roland thought I would be interested.  The fact that they are driving a Rover P3500 with a supercharger is beside the point. This seems like a really fun and low cost way to try out racing.  You can race for as much as two hours at a stretch, so you get a lot of wheel time!  Still thinking about this, but I'm very, very interested.

Back to the car, I did get the gaskets that I ordered the prior week, so next Saturday I should be able to put some time into the car.