Monday, March 14, 2016

Center console installed!

Dateline - 03/12/2016 - I installed the center console this weekend.  I know, that doesn't sound impressive, but really it is!  In order to get it installed, I had to do the following:


  • Batten down and seal the transmission tunnel cover
  • Tidy up the relays attached to the transmission cover
  • Installed the shift cable from the shifter to the transmission.  This required a lot of  hole cutting into the transmission cover since I changed the location of the shifter from where it was at when I started work on the car.
  • Install the backup lights and ignition lockout wiring to the switch on the shifter
  • Install the left and right foot well vent boxes.  These direct airflow to the driver and passengers feet and sit behind the center console
  • Install center console air box control doors (had been removed previously for sandblasting and painting)
  • Install the air box into the console
  • Install the console into the car
  • Install the handbrake lever
  • Install the handbrake cable and adjust
  • Test fit the tunnel kick panels


So, a lot done but not a lot of pictures to show for it.

Center console installed.  Ignore the ugly upholstery on the end.  I'll clean that up when I do the back.

Next up is the dash!  Yup!  Things are starting to come together nicely!