Dateline 01/13/2018 - Worked on more fiberglass this weekend. Focused on the other door panel. Pretty much the same routine as last weekend. The difference though is that I didn't wrap the panel as tightly with Saran Wrap as I did the other one and that caused some problems after the epoxy set! I've got some lumps, air bubbles and bridging that I'm going to need to sand or cut out and repair. Lesson learned, wrap it tight!
I also did the carbon fiber layup on the reading light switch using the vacuum bagging technique. I had the same challenges as I had before, but the results turned out okay. Will still need some finishing work and coats of lacquer, but it should be fine.
Finally, I got the car running. I had to put some gas in it, but I did get it started pretty easily. I've called the paint guy to look at the differences between the doors and the body but I need to drive the car over to the shop. Maybe this weekend.
Well, that all to report!