Monday, January 29, 2018

Up to my A.. in Fiberglass

Dateline 01/27/2018 - Still working in fiberglass!  Last weekend I glassed the center console pieces and sanded out the bubbles in one of the door panels.  This weekend, I sanded out the bubbles in the other door panel and the center console pieces, then I patched all the holes with more fiberglass. 

I also sanded the three switch holders and put a new coat of resin over them to fill in all the holes. 

Here are pictures of all the panels and switches:

Door panels, arm rests, and center console sides with patches, awaiting final sanding
Switch holders with fresh layer of resin

I still have more fiberglass work to do!  I have to create the two arm rests for the door panels and the one for the center console.  I also have the top of the center console, which will be done in carbon.  I will not do that one until I have the center console upholstered and mounted.  I found out with the front center console that I'm not good at predicting how much extra space I need to account for with glass, foam and vinyl. So I'm going to do that one last so that it fits.