Monday, July 15, 2013

Really Nice Summer Day!

Dateline - 07/13/2013 - It was a wonderful summer day on Saturday which caused me to not spend a lot of time on the car!  Instead, went for a 40 mile bike ride.  But I did do a little work on the center console fascia.  I realized that I needed to built out the lip of the fascia so that it does not dig into the vinyl that covers the console.  So I masked all the vinyl off, wrapped it in saran wrap, taped the fascia in place and then fiber glassed a new, form fitting lip to the inside of the fascia.  This should give it a lot more support and make it easier to mount.

This morning I walked into my office to find the glove box door that had been at my friend Matt's house from when we worked on the maple dash.  What a beautiful piece of maple!  Now that the weather is getting into the 80's, its a good time to start working on the dash.  So I think this weekend I'm going to pull out the pieces and start the finishing process.  This should be really fun!  It really makes me feel like I'm getting this thing done!