Monday, February 16, 2015

It’s Gone To Paint!

Dateline – 02/14/2015 - Mark your calendars everyone!  The Jaguar has gone to the paint shop!  The tow truck arrived at 8:30 am on Saturday and we had it loaded and ready to go by 9:10.   I had all the fenders, doors, etc. in the van and we both headed over to Chowcase Auto Rebuild where Ricky my paint guy was ready for it.  We pushed it into the shop, I brought in all the part getting ready to paint. 
Last time in the garage without paint

Loading on the tow

Driving away...

...going...

...going...
...Gone!

At the paint shop




Ricky said that he have the body for about two months.  He will paint the body first then I can pick it up and start installing other things while he works on the doors, lids, hinges, etc.  This way I can get the car together and not have to worry about damaging all the other parts!  Pretty cool!


Also, I picked up an air compressor from the guy I bought the sandblaster from.  60 gallon, 10 cfm @ 90 psi.  He used it to run the sandblaster and had no problems.  Now I just need to get a 220 volt 15 amp breaker put and wired so that I can plug it in!
New compressor