Monday, March 16, 2015

More Sandblasting

Dateline - 03/15/2015 - Did some more sandblasting this weekend.  I'm finding that I can do a 6" x 6" square of metal before the compressor kicks in.  I stop to let the compressor catch up otherwise it just continues to run and I don't want to burn up the compressor or motor.  So, while the compressor runs, I disassemble and prep parts for cleaning.  So, I have now cleaned:

- Radiator cross member
- Coolant header (adapter that goes into the top hose of the radiator to add water and has overflow)
- Boot lid hing springs
- Both interior cooling fan housings
- One interior headlight bucket
- One interior headlight bulb holder ring
- Vacuum reservoir
- Vacuum reservoir bracket

It's a bit slow going, but boy do the parts look nice and will be great when painted!  Much better then sanding by hand, let me tell you!