Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Long Weekend - Got a Lot Done

Dateline 09/03 - 09/05 2016 - Spend two of the three days this long weekend working on the car.  First off was the headlights.  I ordered new 7" headlight buckets from SNG Barrett which I got in last week.  Installation was pretty straight forward although I had to swap out the wire harness since the one that came with the buckets supported the non-sealed beam headlights.

After I got the headlights installed, I started working on putting together the doors.  There are a lot of parts that make up the doors including door handles, mirrors, locks, closure mechanisms, levers, window track, windows, chrome, screws, rubber scrapers, rubber seals, screws, nuts, bolts, rivets.  And it all needs to go back together in a certain order.  The driver sides doors (front and back) took a day and an half to get done and even that wasn't enough to finish them completely.  I'm still waiting for clips to arrive from SNG Barrett that hold the back trim pieces on, I need to do some work with the inside door handles and there is still some chrome to put on.

My last gasp on Monday was putting the lettering on the back of the car.  I purchased modern jaguar lettering as well as a Jaguar V8 badge and an aftermarket 350 badge.  Here are pictures of all the finished work.
Headlights!
Driver side doors
Trunk badging