Monday, April 22, 2013

Why Can't The Wiring Be Done Already!

Dateline - 04/20/2013 - Another full day of working on wiring.  Boy-o-boy is this getting old!  The good news is that I've rerouted all the wires the way I want them, and laced them all together.  I left off with making up the wires for the switches.  I know how long they need to be and have them all ready to go, but ran out of steam at 5:00 pm.  So now, all I need to do is make up the switch connectors.  I do need to do some rewire for the instrument lights because I bought a digital dimmer control, but that shouldn't take too long.  I still have to sort out the wires running to the trunk on the drivers side of the car.  I also need to mount my new fuse block in the trunk.  But it's coming down to brass tacks now.

After I got done working on wiring, I went into the house and did some more work on the rear air recirculation box.  Several posts ago I reported that I scrubbed away a great deal of the rust and fiber glassed the holes.  This weekend I put a nice clear coat of resin to fill in any gaps.  I also took about the three remaining flapper doors and cleaned then up and rust sealed them.  I need to make one flapper door out of some sheet steel, then find a good replacement fabric for the hinges.  Yes, the original used a rubber impregnated silk as a hinge!  I think I'm going to get a good ripstop nylon or Kevlar.

Well, that's it for this weekend!