Monday, May 20, 2013

Down to the "Wire"

Dateline - 05/18/2013 - I'm almost done with the wiring!!!!!  It's been a really long haul, but I feel like I'm just inches away from being done.  As far as I can tell, all the wiring inside the car is done, tied up and ready to go.  I even activated the instrument lights to see if the dimmer worked.  All the lights, including those in the switches worked and dimmed fine!  Also wired in the power on/off and start switches.  They appear to be working also.  And I wired in the information center!  The only wires I could do are the "Cruse On" and "Cruse Set" lights that I wanted.  I ran the wires, but I will not know if I get a signal from the cruse control system until I have it up and working.

The only wiring left is in the trunk.  I need to put a fuse box back there and wire in center backup light, and trunk interior lights. 

Needless to say, I'm really happy!

What is next before paint? 
- Mount the radio
- Mount the climate control switches
- Finish the air recirculation box
- Mount the new emergency brake cable
- Pull out the transmission speedo adapter so that I can buy one that fits my speedo transponder.
- Clean, seal and paint both gas tanks
- Mount the gas tanks
- Finish side the driver side of the car
- Get it painted!

While the car is in the paintshop:
- Finish the front center console fascia
- Stain and finish the dash board

When the car come back:
- Install sound proofing
- Put the car back together

So, my plan has changed.  I thought I could get this car done this year.  The way things look, I'm going to be happy if I can get the car painted before winter.  That will give me three months to put everything back together (and not have to hurry through it).  So, it looks like next spring I should have it running.