Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting Closer and Closer

Dateline - 05/12/2013 - More wiring this weekend, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  I believe I have all the wiring done inside the car accept for the dimmer control, the power/ignition switches, connections for the Information Center and the fuse block in the trunk!  All the switches are wired, all the instrument lights are wired, the radio is wired, the climate control is wired and I've cleaned up almost all the wiring harnesses!  Boy it will be nice to be done with wiring!

On Sunday I worked on the dimmer control.  I bought this dimmer control (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L4KKF2/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and found the box to be too big and the screw connectors were not what I wanted.  So I printed a new box using my 3D printer and ABS plastic, and created a new box that will allow me to mount the dinner control and the box easily.  I mounted the CB and glued the halves together using hot glue which should make it pretty water tight also.  Here are pictures: