Monday, October 31, 2016

Upholstery and Window Switches

Dateline - 10/29/2016 - Didn't spend a lot of time on the car this weekend.  What I did do was work on the window switches, the steering wheel cover and some upholstery.  For the passenger side window switch, I decided to de-solder the original leads, which are pretty small gauge wire, and solder on new leads of 12 gauge wire with appropriate bayonet connections.

On the driver side, I de-soldered the four switches from the original motherboard, but when I tried to put them into the new holder, they did not fit.  I spent about an hour reworking the holder to hold the switches.  I needed to solder on new leads, but it was getting late and decided to pick that up later

As I wrote about last week, the steering column cover has been a bit of a pain, but I think I have figured out how to mount it.  I have added a pin to the upper part of the cover that hooks behind the turn signal switch frame.  I'm going to add a screw on the bottom that will screw the cover to the fascia and that should hold everything in place.

Finally, I worked on the upholstery for the arm rests and piping that goes around the window switches.

It doesn't feel like I got much done, but every little bit brings me that much closer!